Top 10 Smallest Countries in Europe
Europe is the world’s second smallest continent covering approximately 6.7% of the Earth’s land and 2% of the Earth’s surface. There are 50 countries in Europe in which many countries partly associated with Europe and Asia. Europe has an area of about 3,930,000 miles square. The population of Europe was estimated at 738 million in 2016. The smallest countries in the Europe include some countries that are only partially recognized as an independent nation. In this article we will give you information about top 10 smallest countries in Europe and much more about European countries, you may look into other linked European countries information.
Also Read: European Countries list with their capitals
- What is the name of Capital of Kosovo ?
- What is the National language of Kosovo ?
- What is no. of population in Kosovo ?
Kosovo is located in Southeastern Europe and on the Balkan Peninsula also known as landlocked. It separated from Serbia in February 2008, and present day it is somehow accepted as an independent state by international community. The area of country is approximately 4,212 square miles and its population is estimated 1.816 million in 2016. The capital of Kosovo is Pristina and its national language is Albanian.
- What is the name of Capital of Azerbaijan ?
- What is the National language of Azerbaijan ?
- What is no. of population in Azerbaijan ?
The country Azerbaijan lies between Southwest Asia and Southeastern Europe. It has an area of around 33,400 square miles while the side in Europe measures 2,687.27 square miles. Azerbaijan got independence in 1918. The country is among the six independent Turkic speaking states. The population of the country was estimated to be 9.762 million in 2016. Capital of Azerbaijan is Baku and the reason why we entered the Azerbaijan’s entry on this list is due to its land on the European side. The national language of Azerbaijan is Azerbaijani. It also falls in the list of top 10 smallest countries in Europe, as well as in sightseeing.
- What is the name of Capital of Luxembourg ?
- What is the National language of Luxembourg ?
Luxembourg is known as landlocked country which is located in Western Europe and border with Belgium, Germany, and France. Its area is about 2,586 km squared, which brings it among Europe’s smallest countries. Luxembourg City is the capital of Luxembourg. Luxembourgish is the national language of Luxembourg.
- What is the name of Capital of Georgia?
- What is the National language of Georgia?
- What is no. of population in Georgia?
Georgia is located in the Caucasus region of Europe and Asia. It is located in between Eastern Europe and Western Asia with the bigger part of the country being in Asia. The capital of Georgia is Tbilisi, which is also one of the biggest in the country. Georgia side in Europe has a land surface area of 937.46 square miles. The total land surface area of Georgia including the side in Asia, is 26,911.32 square miles. The population of Georgia in 2017 was estimated at 3.718 million. Georgian is the national language of the country. The part of Georgia that is on the European side is 2,428 km squared that’s why we are considering it among the top 10 smallest countries in Europe.
- What is the name of Capital of Andorra ?
- What is the National language of Andorra ?
- What is no. of population in Andorra ?
- What is the highest located capital city in Europe?
The Andorra is a landlocked country located in the Eastern Pyrenees Mountains in Southwestern Europe. The country was established in 1278 and is managed by the president of France and the administrator of Urgell, Spain. Andorra has a surface area of 181 square miles. The population estimated was 77,281 in 2016. Andorra la Vella is the capital of Andorra, and it is the highest located capital city in Europe at the height of 3,356 feet. The national language of Andorra is Catalan.
- What is the name of Capital of Malta?
- What is the National language of Malta?
- What is no. of population in Malta?
- What is the highest located capital city in Malta?
- What is the smallest capital city in Europe in size?
The democratic state of Malta consists of group of islands located in the Mediterranean Sea, found in Southern Europe. Malta gained independence in 1964 and became a republic in 1974.The large islands include Malta, Gozo, and Comino. The island covers an area of 122 square miles. The population in 2016 was estimated at 436,947. The national language of the country is Maltese. Valletta is the capital city of Malta. It is the smallest capital city in size of the European Union.
- What is the name of Capital of Liechtenstein ?
- What is the National language of Liechtenstein ?
- What is no. of population in Liechtenstein ?
Liechtenstein is a country led by a prince. It is located in Central Europe . Liechtenstein has a surface area of about 62 square miles. The country’s population was estimated 37,666 in 2016. German is national language and also used as an official language for communication. Liechtenstein is one of the Alpine countries which make it an ideal destination for winter sports. The capital of Liechtenstein is Vaduz.
3) San Marino
- What is the name of Capital of San Marino?
- What is the National language of San Marino?
- What is no. of population in San Marino?
The democratic state of San Marino is a microstate and controlled in Italy. The country’s surface area is about 24 square miles and is mostly hilly. The population was estimated to be 33,285 in 2016. The country is one of the richest countries in the world. The capital of San Marino is the city of San Marino. Italian is the official language of the country, but Romagnol is also a popular language because it is historic language and spoken outside the province.
- What is the name of Capital of San Monaco?
- What is the National language of San Monaco?
- What is no. of population in San Monaco?
- Which is the second smallest country in the world?
Monaco is self ruling city-state which is located on the French Riviera officially known as the country of Monaco. The country covers an area of 0.78 square miles and it is the second smallest country in the world. The population estimated is 38,499 in 2016. The official language in the country of Monaco is French . Capital of Monaco is Monaco.
1) Vatican City
- What is the name of Capital of Vatican City?
- What is the National language of Vatican City?
- What is no. of population in Vatican City?
- Which is the Smallest country of Europe?
The Vatican City is the smallest country in Europe and as well as in the world with respect to its size and population with an area of around 0.17 square miles. The population was estimated at 1,000 in 2015. Italian is the official language of the Vatican. Vatican City is located at the Vatican Mount due to this its name was derived from the mountain. Vatican City is the capital of Vatican City.
Also see more details about European countries in the given below links. Also if you like the information we provided about the Top 10 Smallest Countries in Europe then share it with other people. Thank you!